Think a vacation abroad every year works out cheaper than holiday homeownership? We’re here to tell you otherwise…
It’s The Year of The Staycation, and here at Lyons, we’re committed to bringing as much sunshine as possible into your lives this summer. We know many of you are opting to holiday here in the UK. And if last year is anything to go by, we’re in for a scorcher of a summer!
With many people booking holidays across Britain, we wanted to highlight something important to you. In fact, it was rather an exciting revelation for ourselves. This phenomenon was that owning your own holiday home works out more cost-effective than jetting off abroad. Not only is holiday home ownership with Lyons a better investment of funds, but you also secure your own piece of paradise that you can return to for 10.5 months of the year. Imagine that, 46 holidays every year!
Check out the infographic below to see how we’ve worked this out. You’ll be pleasantly surprised.
What’s Happening To Holidaying Abroad?
Many prospective holidaymakers simply thought travelling abroad during a global pandemic simply wasn’t worth the fuss.
We thought it best to share some information with you to best convey how the coronavirus pandemic impacted global travel:
- Within global air travel, passenger demand fell at an unbelievable rate. In April 2020, it was down 94% compared to 2019
- Furlough and travel limitations led to 73% of people working throughout the whole of April – meaning three-quarters of the population never took a single day off over Easter break
- Domestic tourism brought in £91.6bn in 2019, but experts project a national loss of £22bn
- In 2019, experts forecast the global travel industry would grow 4% in revenue. Instead, due to the pandemic, it dropped 35%
- Online searches for the term ‘staycation’ have boomed by 517% from January – July 2020
- Searches for ‘UK travel’ has also dramatically increased by 2500% year on year