Please read these terms and conditions carefully. When you book your holiday with us, you are entering into a contract which binds you and the park in various ways. Your payment is taken to be your acceptance of our terms and conditions. Together with your Booking Form and Invoice, they comprise the complete contract and no agent or employee of ours or the parks has any authority, express or implied to alter the terms and conditions of this contract unless authorised to do so in writing. All bookings are made with the respective park (the ‘park’) and are accepted on the strict understanding that the person signing the Booking Form (the ‘hirer’) does so on behalf of all the persons named on it, each of whom has read the following conditions of booking and agrees to be bound by them.
1. You agree to abide by the rules of the park where you are staying. Copies of the rules are on display at the park and you may obtain a copy of the rules from reception.
CANCELLATION BY THE PARK
2. Accommodation paid in full will be held by the park. Any refund on monies is under the discretion of the park. All deposits are non-refundable.
CUTTING SHORT YOUR HOLIDAY
3. If you feel the need to cut short your holiday with the park after it has commenced, no refund will be offered. To cancel your holiday prior to arrival please return to our Cancellation Policy.
CHANGING YOUR HOLIDAY
4. If you wish to alter your booking details in any way from those shown on your booking form please contact the park directly.
5. The park will endeavour to meet your special requests, any requests must be made at the time of your stay being paid in full.
6. All prices include VAT at 20% and are subject to change if the rate or application of VAT changes and in the event of a change in the VAT during the course of the year, you will be invoiced at the new amount of VAT unless you have already taken your holiday or paid the balance in full prior to the date of change.
7. Where the holiday falls between two price panels, the panel with the majority of nights of the holiday will be used to calculate the holiday costs. Where an equal number of nights are taken in two different price periods, the average of the two weekly prices applies.
8. A deposit is payable within 7 days of initial booking. The full balance is then due 6 weeks prior to your holiday. For bookings made within 28 days of arrival, full payment is required on booking. Please note that all deposits are non- refundable.
9. Deposits and final payments can be made by cash, debit card, credit card or cheque made payable to Lyons Holiday Park Ltd. If you are paying by cheque please put your name, address and holiday date on the reverse of the cheque. We strongly recommend cheques are sent via recorded delivery to the park. We strongly advise against sending cash through the mail.
10. Your booking is accepted on the basis that your confirmed accommodation is available for your use on the agreed date. Very occasionally, unforeseen circumstances may not make this possible and in such a situation we reserve the right to cancel your booking. In this event, the park will endeavour to offer you alternative accommodation, if available.
11. In the interests of all visitors, the park reserves the right to refuse to hand over accommodation to any person or groups of persons at its discretion. Any refund of monies is at the discretion of the park.
12. If in the parks opinion any person is not suitable to continue the holiday because of unreasonable behaviour, damage to property or annoyance to other holidaymakers, the park reserves the right
to exclude the holiday party from the park. In this event, the hirer shall remain liable for the hire price and no refund shall be due. The hirer shall remain liable for any damage caused to property.
13. The parks reserve the right to enter any accommodation (without prior notice if this is not practical or possible) if special circumstances or emergencies arise.
14. Here at Lyons Holiday Parks, we pride ourselves on offering family-friendly holidays and want to continue offering this for many more years to come.
To achieve a welcoming, safe, and family-friendly atmosphere, Lyons Holiday Parks Ltd reserves the right to refuse or cancel bookings (without refund) from the following proposed parties:
- Guests under the age of 21
- All-adult groups, especially single-sex groups including hen, stag or any other parties that may disrupt other guests on the park
- Solo travellers, as our mission is to provide memorable family-friendly holidays
- Any other guests who we fear could spoil things for other guests
- Anyone who displays abusive attitude or words either before or during the holiday to our team or other guests
15. Lyons Holiday Parks do not knowingly allow any guest to use or visit our sites who:
(i) has an unspent criminal conviction;
(ii) is registered on any criminal register (including the sex offenders’ register);
(iii) has any record of any order associated with antisocial behaviour, violence, abuse, public disorder, or criminal damage or any other form of antisocial behaviour;
(iv) is a convicted sex offender, subject to the notification requirements of the Sexual Offences Act 2003;
or (v) is subject to a Risk of Sexual Harm Order or Child Abduction Notice.
Failure to disclose this information about yourself, or any other member of your party, grants us the right to cancel your booking and ask you, and the other members of your party, to leave the park, without refund.
AVAILABILITY OF FACILITIES
16. Whilst the parks will endeavour to provide all facilities and entertainment advertised, the parks reserve the right to alter or withdraw amenities or facilities or the whole or part of any programme of activities, without prior notice, and without any liability to pay you compensation or damages for the loss of an advertised facility or entertainment. You should also be aware that many parks offer restrictions on facilities and their opening hours during the off peak season. Adverse weather conditions may also cause the closure of some facilities.
17. The parks regret they cannot accept liability or pay any compensation for cancellations to your holiday or the destruction or damage to your accommodation (which cannot reasonably be remedied to a satisfactory standard before the start of the holiday) due to ‘force majeure’, i.e. any event that could not be foreseen or avoided. Such events include but are not limited to industrial disputes, war, or threat of war, civil disorder, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions and all similar conditions.
18. Your vehicles, their contents and accessories, your luggage and personal belongings are left entirely at your own risk. Our parks will not be held responsible for any loss from or damage to any vehicle from any cause whatsoever other than negligence of the park, park employees or agents. Parking and other regulations may vary from one park to another.
COMMENTS AND COMPLAINTS
19. Whilst the parks aim to provide the service you have come to expect, there are occasions when unforeseen shortcomings may arise. You must advise the reception manager immediately of any problems with your accommodation so that remedial action, if appropriate, can be taken. We cannot accept liability in relation to any shortcomings or claims of whatever nature if you fail to notify the park of the complaint or claim during your holiday. Also, written complaints to the park must be received within 14 days of the end of your holiday.
20. Whilst the parks are happy to provide activities for children, the parks are not a child care facility. Please note that at all times the safety of children is the responsibility of their parents or guardians.
21. All damages by the hirer or any person named on the Booking Form, must be paid for in full before your departure from the park.
22. Accommodation is to be left in a clean and tidy condition and as found. Failure to leave accommodation in a satisfactory condition may result in the park pursuing a claim for damages.
23. Smoking is not permitted in any units on our parks. Smoking inside a public place is also forbidden in accordance with the law.
24. On parks where pets are permitted, an additional supplement must be paid on booking and only pet friendly accommodation is available. Pet owners must ensure their pet is well behaved and safe whilst on our parks.
25. Lyons Holiday Parks shall not be liable for the death or injury of any person named in the Booking Form or for any loss or damage to property of any such person howsoever any such death, injury, loss or damage may be caused otherwise than as a result of our negligence.
Whilst every care is taken to ensure that the details shown in this brochure are correct, the company cannot accept liability for errors contained therein or the results thereof.