We know it’s been a tough year for local businesses. This is why at Lyons Holiday Parks, we’re looking forward to a brighter 2021 and ways in which we can help a community that matters.
2020 has been strange – for some, unthinkable. But we choose to rise from the ashes of our generation’s most unfathomable year, and look forward to a brighter future. 2021 is the time for us to help make your small world bigger.
This year, our holiday park group – which has over 3,000 holiday home owners in the UK – launched a discount location guide in a bid to give a little boost to tourism in the region.
This means that our loyal owners will be provided with certain discounts, special offers, or added value at local venues and attractions. Think money off food and drink, discounted entry into North Wales and Cumbria’s biggest attractions – and even a little something thrown in for the kids too!
Not only will this give our curious owners guidance to explore the wonderful world of the Lake District and the North Welsh coastline, but will also give businesses the chance to reach out to you and show what they have to offer.
Every owner on each park will receive this discount guide in the new spring season (or the new year for those lucky ones in Cumbria who can enjoy their holiday homes for 12 months!) These special offers will be relevant to the area you’re in and can be used throughout the whole season.
We’re super excited to have on-board a selection of cosy pubs, an escape room, a climbing centre, museums, grooming salons, adventure centre, and a miniature railway attraction.
However you want to spend next season, this guide will undoubtedly have something you and the family can enjoy. Make the most of the second chance we’ve been given, and seize the opportunity to help boost a community that matters.
Where Will I Be Able To Go?
Fancy checking out the local hotspots digitally? Find out more below!
- Explore magnificent panoramic views that have been enjoyed for over a century at the Great Orme Summit Complex
- Learn more about safety and let the little ones learn about risks and how to keep safe whilst, most importantly, having fun at Dangerpoint, Talacre
- Visit Snowdonia’s totally unique eco-attraction and ride the world’s first people-powered rollercoaster at Greenwood Family Park
- Have a go on Europes longest ziplines or a massive underground trampoline & high-rope cavern adventure at Zip World, Snowdonia
- Understand the sights and sounds of civilian life during the Second World War at the unique indoor Home Front Museum, Llandudno
- Scale the whacky and interactive climbing walls at King Kong Climbing Centre, Keswick, each with a different theme guaranteed to be loads of fun for all
- Break your way out of Cumbria’s first live escape room in Workington at Lakes Escapes
- Enjoy a locally brewed ale or regionally distilled gin at The Grey Goat Inn, Baggrow
Christmas Shopping Ideas – Love What’s Local In 2021
Here’s some local inspo in North Wales & Cumbria for you to grab some Christmas bits and bobs!
- Apple Tree Studios, Denbigh – make pottery yourself or buy someone the gift of creativity at this small pottery studio near the River Ystrad
- Pili Palas Nature World, Llangefni – treat someone to a hands-on zoo experience with a twist
- DangerPoint Talacre – rainy day activity kids will love to learn from
- Ropeworks Active, Llanberis – gorging, scrambling and coasteering will get anyone excited for 2021
- The Bike Hub, Rhyl – get all your bike gear here!
- The Apple Cart, Prestatyn – perfect as a festive hamper for any fruit or veg lovers
- The Sugar Plum Tearooms, Ruthin – the perfect mid-winter pick-me-up to gift someone this Christmas
- The Little Cheesemonger, Prestatyn – get your delicacies, fizzes, chutneys and of course Christmas cheeses here!
- St Mary’s Tearooms, Prestatyn – take a break from Christmas shopping and have a breather in this cosy retreat
- Vinomondo, Conwy – fine wines, craft, Welsh & Belgian beers, and a large spirit selection…need we say more?
- L’s Coffee & Book Shop, Conwy – books and coffee make the perfect gift!
- Daniel Morris Butchers, Mold – support this team of local, skilled butchers with their impeccable Christmas crowns, sausages and black puddings
- Betty Berkins, Holywell – the perfect place to treat a loved one to afternoon tea in the hills
- Ginger’s Mexican Kitchen, Prestatyn – spice up your Christmas with a cocktail or street food at this high-street haunt!
- Pant y Foel Welsh Gin, online – beautifully packaged and locally sourced gin from the hills of Denbighshire
- Clipper Sisters, Prestatyn – don’t miss your four-legged friends off the list this Christmas!
- Busy Bits & Bobbins, online – simple strewn treats like scrunchies and face masks delivered right to your door in time for Christmas
- Paris Boutique, Prestatyn – get blinged up for the Christmas do with some gorgeous accessories or outfits – gift vouchers available
- Mor Flowers, Prestatyn – stunning bouquets or wreaths from this heartwarming local florist
- Beauty on the Square, Ruthin – beauty products, vouchers, or a place to get your festive nails or hair done!
- The Crafty Workshop, Workington – craft, wool and pottery painting shop in the heart of Cumbria
- Mawbray Cheese, Mawbray – delicious artisan cheeses handmade with love, using only local cows and goats’ milk