What’s On This Jubilee Bank Holiday Weekend in North Wales?
The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee Celebrations in North Wales This Bank Holiday Weekend – Find Out More Here!
It’s the most royal event on the calendar, and across the nation, plans are in place to commemorate the Her Majesty The Queen on her Platinum Jubilee.
Celebrations are in store across Britain’s many streets, towns, pubs and villages, and we’re certainly planning a party fit for a queen here in North Wales. Wherever you’re staying across the North Wales coast and country, there’ll be a festival in full swing at many of our Lyons Holiday Parks’ locations.
Don’t forget to check your park’s Facebook page and owners groups for more information and reminders about the upcoming celebrations!
Jubilee Weekend in Towyn
- On June 3rd, Lyons Winkups showground will be transformed into a Jubilee extravaganza with a BBQ, entertainment, outdoor bar, competitions, games, party dances and more! Join us from 1pm onwards.
- Lyons Oakfield will be hosting Jubilee celebrations on Friday, 3rd June from 1-3pm on the showground. You can expect burgers and hotdogs served from our brand new kitchen, as well as entertainment, quizzes, party dances, games, and a sing-along session!
Festival Fun in Prestatyn
- Lyons Lido Beach will be hosting a Jubilee festival on Saturday, June 4th for all the family to enjoy – check with park reception to find out more about times!
Family-friendly festival at Lyons Nant Hall from 1-9pm where you can expect a Pimms tent, food and refreshments, as well as entertainment and more! All owners, holiday guests, and the general public welcome
Bank Holiday Joy in Rhyl
- Fun, games, entertainment and a BBQ fit for a queen at Lyons Robin Hood, on Friday, June 3rd, 1-3pm
Platinum Party in Pendyffryn
- Lyons Pendyffryn Hall is the place to be this long bank holiday weekend, with plenty of celebrations in store for the whole family to enjoy. on Thursday, June 2nd, a disco and karaoke from 9pm in the clubhouse, Friday June 3rd will see a BBQ and live music from 2pm, and Saturday 4th June will be your chance to dress up and throwback to the 1980’s with live music from 80’s band Hello Felix.
Royal celebrations in Ruthin
- A full weekend is in store at Lyons Woodlands Hall in Ruthin, with live music from Lucia Matisse on Thursday, June 2nd from 8pm. On Friday, June 3rd, our favourite DJ Tony Kay will entertain crowds in the clubhouse. The Jubilee weekend will end with a bang on Saturday, June 4th with a street party and BBQ from 1pm, including a ‘bring your own cake’ competition where the winner will win a prize, ending with a Lady Gaga tribute from 8pm.
Soak up the royal fun in St Asaph
- Owners at Lyons Eryl Hall can enter into an exclusive ‘best dressed holiday home’ competition this bank holiday weekend – the first of the 2022 season! This Jubilee festival will also host a BBQ, bouncy castle, children’s fancy dress, live entertainment and a sing-long session!
Fun facts about Her Royal Highness
Impress your friends and family this bank holiday with some fun facts about Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II:
- Queen Elizabeth was born on 21st April 1926 but was coronated at the age of 26 in 1953 – the same year the first climbers scaled the summit of Mount Everest!
- She is the longest-reigning monarch in British history and has overseen 14 different prime ministers at 10 Downing Street
- The dog-lover created her very own dog breed, ‘dorgi,’ the result of her own corgi mating with her sister, Princess Margaret’s dachshund
- The Queen remains the only person to legally drive without a driving licence
- A keen technology enthusiast, the queen sent her first email in 1976 – and even published her very own first Instagram post in 2019!
- Early on the ownership ladder, Queen Elizabeth became a homeowner at just six years old – Named Y Bwthyn Bach, meaning ‘the little cottage’