Your guide to buying a static caravan in Wales – from where to look for holiday homes for sale, applying for finance, and the buying process.
Staycation, staycation, staycation. This is the phrase that’s dominated the travel industry for the past two years, as millions of Brits favour a domestic break over a trip abroad. Our last blog post highlighted why booking a staycation could be the best thing you do this summer, but why not go one step further? Buying a holiday home in the UK entitles you to year-round holidays, week after week, in a cosy place that’s your own.
Why buy a static caravan in Wales?
1. Natural beauty
Often considered one of the most beautiful places to visit in the UK, Wales is host to some magnificent mountains, glorious views, with a wealth of attractions and quirky days out to suit all the family’s needs. From the craggy mountains of Snowdonia National Park to the sweeping coastline of Anglesey, or from the woodland wonders of Llandegla to the copper mines of Betws-Y-Coed, there really is so much nature at your fingertips.
2. Quirky days out
Home to some of the weirdest and most wonderful attractions, no two days are ever the same in Wales! Take North Wales, for example – there’s Zip World, Go Below, alpaca walking, scuba diving, sailing and even the smallest house in the country to take your pick from!
3. Easily accessible
Forget long delays in the airport or changing your sterling to euros – holidaying at home means less stress, which means more relaxation and time to chill. Ask anyone who owns a static caravan in Wales and they’ll share with you how easy it is to pack up, hit the road, and be sat in your home-from-home by dusk on a Friday evening. Each of our Lyons Holiday Park locations is easily accessible from most motorways (and you’ll even be treated to some cracking views of the coast on your drive up….)
History and culture go hand-in-hand in Wales, whether you’re exploring the many castles dotted across the landscape or delving into the many tales and legends of this wonderful celtic country.
How do I buy a static caravan in Wales?
Your first port of call should be to check out our static caravans for sale in North Wales, where we have a number of luxury static caravans and lodges for sale. Investing in a place where you can make family memories for years to come is a big decision, which can seem off-putting. But we’re here to highlight that purchasing a holiday home with Lyons Holiday Parks is simple and stress-free! This is due to our wonderful sales counsellors, who are on hand every step of the journey to assist you with anything you may need.
From arranging a park tour to browse our selection of holiday homes, to taking a tour of our wonderful facilities, to applying for affordable finance packages to buying a static caravan in Wales at your favourite park, our team will be with you all the way!
What are the steps to purchasing a holiday home in Wales?
Mhairi Kelly, area sales manager for the Lyons Group, sits down with the marketing team to explain just how easy this process can be:
1. “Let’s get to know each other,” Mhairi said. “We want to make the exciting process of purchasing a holiday home as smooth and enjoyable as possible! This means that the more we know about what holiday home ownership means to you, the more equipped we will be to help you make that a reality. This is the first step to owning a static caravan in Wales.”
2. “Based on our first conversation, we’ll take you on a personalised tour of the particular Lyons park you’re interested in. We know how important park features and facilities are – so let us show you exactly what life at our parks are like.”
3. “After this initial chat, we’ll come back to the office for a sit down to talk about your budget. Once we’ve discussed your options, a member of our team will help you select a range of holiday home options to suit you and your family.”
4. “A member of our team will then take you to visit selected holiday homes and plots. It’s important we get this just right! We know some families would like to be right in the action, but others may prefer a quiet corner of the park where they can stroll to the facilities at their own leisure. Whatever it is you’re after, we’ll take into account your needs.”
5. “Once you’ve decided that we’re the right park for you, the last step is signing up for your new lifestyle and making your ownership dreams a reality. We’re with you every step of the way, to ensure buying a static caravan in Wales is more than just that – it’s a place that you can call your own and make wonderful memories for years to come.”
Is there a different process for pre-loved and brand-new models?
Whichever holiday home you’re looking at, the process remains pretty much the same. Start by browsing our selection of new and used models, or give a member of our team a call on 01745 362020 to find out more about what’s in stock, what we can order in for you, or for some helpful tips on deciphering which static caravan is the right one for you.
Are you an owner looking to upgrade your current holiday home, or perhaps purchase an additional unit? Look no further than our friendly sales teams, who not only assist new and prospective buyers but also help our current customers fulfil their ownership dreams. There are a number of schemes at Lyons Holiday Parks in place to help facilitate your needs, such as the Owner Referral Scheme, our part-exchange scheme, our Letting Service, and many more!
The Owner Referral Scheme is there to help you make some cash back on your site fees by sharing with your family and friends how awesome the Lyons life is. Current owners can add up to £750 to their accounts, which can be offset against the cost of their site fees, by referring new holiday homeowners to the ever-growing family!
To find out more about the deals on offer for existing owners, contact your park today.
How do I start the process?
There are a number of ways for you to get your foot on the ownership ladder, across many different platforms!
- Website: visit the ownership section of our website where you can find our most frequently asked questions, the range of holiday homes we have to offer, as well as ownership perks, benefits, and the facilities at our parks
- Email: get in touch with our happy-to-help team via email with a list of your questions, to arrange a park tour, or to request some more information/pictures of a particular park or model to be sent
- Phone: call our friendly team of advisors on 01745 362 020 to chat more about what it is you’re looking for, which parks in particular you’re thinking of visiting, or to ask any general ownership enquiries
- Face-to-face: we’re thrilled to be able to welcome people back to our parks, where we can showcase the delights of the North Wales coast and country to eager Lyons lifers! You’re always welcome to pop down for a friendly chat over a coffee with a member of our team at any of our parks, however, we do recommend booking an appointment in advance. This can be booked for a time that suits you, 9-5pm, 7 days a week, and will allow us the opportunity to ensure everything is on-hand – and that the kettle is on!