Find out all you need to know about I’m A Celeb 2021, from star line-up to castle secrets to what’s in store this winter!
Have you heard the news? Only a few days to go until I’m A Celeb returns to our screens for another cracking year on the North Welsh coast! The star-studded ITV show is set to draw in millions of viewers over the three-week period, and we sure know where we’ll be this Sunday at 9pm (that is, feet up, dressing gowns on, and tucking into our secret stash of Christmas choccies we’re yet to give out to unknowing friends…)
Gwrych Castle, located in the stunning town of Abergele in North Wales, is set to host another record-breaking series. It comes after a decision by the 20-year-old show’s producers to repeat 2020’s series in this unique – and often creepy – ancient location. For those of you who were living under a rock last year, the Australian outback was traded for the picturesque hills of Conwy County due to international travel restrictions.
Will I’m A Celeb be as good as it was last year?
Let’s face it: last year, the multi-billion pound series’ choosing of Gwrych Castle put Wales on the map. Who could even pronounce Gwrych, let alone knew what it meant last year? Ant & Dec’s attempts to pronounce Welsh language words were certainly entertaining – if not slightly embarrassing for the Cymraeg – and the cheeky duo are due to be as mischievous and lovable this year.
Work started as early as October this year to accommodate the 10 celebs, and it’s rumoured that 500 staff are on-hand to set everything up. The castle was closed to the public when summer ended, and reports came in of some renovations and a revamp to ensure the celebs didn’t get blown away (literally) by the volatile Welsh winds.
Close ITV sources have also revealed that the much-loved and often misunderstood favourite, Cledwyn from the Kiosk, is set to make a return this year. It’s this type of unparalleled quiet humour, and an ironic nod to the Welsh way of life, that makes I’m a Celeb the show we know and love.
Excitement is also rife in the town of Abergele, where local businesses are feeling the hype and are hoping the hit show will boost tourism and trade once again this year. And perhaps the most exciting thing of all: the Gwrych Castle Preservation Trust has opened a special shop selling I’m a Celeb merchandise for those seeking a different type of souvenir.
Which stars will be taken to the castle this year?
Check out the full I’m A Celeb line-up below!
1. Frankie Bridge: think S Club Juniors, The Saturdays, Wayne Bridge the footballer’s wife
2. Kadeena Cox: Paralympic gold medallist in both cycling and athletics
3. David Ginola: self-professed Ant & Dec fan and former Newcastle and Spurs footy legend
4. Matty Lee: Tom Daley’s synchronised diving partner who won the 10m Olympic gold this year
5. Richard Madeley: as in, Richard & Judy
6. Danny Miller: young, Dingle, and ready to mingle in the castle is this heartthrob from ITV’s Emmerdale
7. Louise Minchin: warming the nation’s heart with her smile for the past 20 years on BBC Breakfast
8. Naughty Boy: with good friends like Beyoncé and Sam Smith, this hit record producer (real name Shahid Khan) won’t struggle to make pals in the castle
9. Dame Arlene Phillips: although the former Strictly judge is the oldest ever contestant at 78, she’ll soon be dancing with the creepy crawlies
10. Snoochie Shy: the 1Xtra DJ who admits she’s scared of heights, bugs and small spaces. Good luck!