Our Wales holiday parks are the perfect place for family holidays, with a mixture of outstanding scenery, medieval heritage, action-packed activities and stunning beaches right on your doorstep. The static caravans we have make for the ideal accommodation for your holiday, and you can even buy one for yourself. Contact us to find out about the holiday homes for sale; North Wales is the ideal location for a staycation destination!
If it’s your first time or tenth time heading to a static caravan, it is always best to have a packing list ready so much of the hassle is gone, and if you have a checklist you won’t leave anything behind. All grades of chalet and holiday home at Lyons Holiday Parks have a number of ‘included as standard’ items, ready on your arrival, which we have listed below.
– Gas, electric or central heating
– Bed linen hire
– Freeview TV in the lounge
– Cooker, microwave, toaster and kettle
– Crockery, pots and pans and cutlery
For the items you need to remember to bring, we have listed them below per room:
– Towels and hand towels (have spares for the beach and swimming)
– Shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, soap
– Toothbrushes and toothpaste
– Toilet roll
– Potty (if you have young children)
– Washing up liquid and washing up sponges
– Tea towels
– Tupperware or Ziploc bags and reusable plates/cups for picnics
– Bin bags
– Kitchen roll
– Food basics: milk, bread, cereal, tea bags and coffee, butter and jam
– High chair – let us know if you need one too!
– Toys or sleep aids for young children
– You can save on bedding hire by bringing your own if you wish, but it does take up a lot of space in the car!
– Travel cot or bed guard
– DVDs and games for the TV
– Board games
– Books and magazines
– iPads, tablets and relevant chargers
– Pens and colouring books – though these can be bought when you arrive
When it comes to clothes, and you have small children to pack for, it is usually the biggest packing task, as you need a few more spares than usual in case there are accidents and spills which require an immediate change of clothes. Then there is also the need to pack depending on the weather. While in the summer and winter you can guarantee what the weather will be like, for autumn and spring the weather can be interchangeable, with rain, wind, bright sunshine and a sudden cold snap all possible! We have listed below the clothes and accessories you need to remember, depending on the weather!
– Waterproof jackets and trousers
– Wellies or waterproof shoes
– Sun hat
– Sun cream
– Swimming costumes
– Hats, gloves, scarves
– Warm winter coat
– Waterproof and warm shoes or boots
– Slippers – not a necessary item but it’s lovely to keep your feet warm on the colder mornings!
Once you have most of the basics, and a few extras that will keep everyone entertained throughout your stay at our static caravans, you can add a few more extra items to bring out and surprise your children, such as a football, frisbee or kite. Of course, you can also make use of the on-site facilities at our holiday park to keep you entertained if the weather is not great and you don’t fancy exploring the area.
By taking a lot of stuff from home, and using a checklist to make sure you have packed it back into the car for the return, staycations are a fantastic, cheap choice for a holiday. With locations like North Wales within easy reach of many in the UK, it is no surprise staycations to holiday parks like Lyons are on the rise! Take a look at some of our other blog posts which should help persuade you to choose Lyons Holiday Parks as your next destination!