Whether you’ve bought one of our Wales holiday homes for sale, or are simply on a short break, there is a wide variety of native and non-native birds taking to the skies this month. This coincides with North Wales Wildlife Trust’s #30DaysWild campaign, with wildlife enthusiasts urged to participate in “Random Acts of Wildness” every day during June to encourage people’s interactions with nature. The trust says that this ‘random act’ doesn’t have to be complicated, it can be something as simple as taking a walk, relaxing on your holiday and listening to the evening birdsong or leaving some water out for wildlife.Schools, workplaces and businesses are encouraged to participate, and to share their moments on social media, so why not search out wildlife when staying with us at Lyons and snap some exciting images before posting them online with the #30DaysWild hashtag.Some of the bird watching hotspots near our North Wales holiday parks include;
- House Martins collecting mud from the Clwyd and Conwy estuaries, they do this before pressing each pellet of mud carefully into their nest cups hanging beneath house eaves.
- An American Golden Plover was spotted on Anglesey last Thursday, feeding on the east shore of Beddmanarch Bay.
- A Temminck’s Stint was seen at Cemlyn Lagoon.
- Two Spoonbills were briefly seen on The Skerries.
- A Cattle Egret was spotted over Shotton Steelworks last weekend, they are nesting on the border at RSPB Burton Mere Wetlands, where at least one chick has been seen in the nest.
- A couple of Great White Egrets have made the Dee estuary their home.
- Turtle Doves were seen by many at Morfa Nefyn and Bardsey within the last week, with the island also home to a Blue-headed Wagtail and Red-backed Shrike.
Today also marks the start of a week’s worth of wildlife talks and tours, the full schedule can be seen below;
- Wednesday, June 7th at 10am: Muddy Puddles, nature activities for toddlers, RSPB Conwy, LL31 9XZ.
- Wednesday, June 7th at 7pm: Summer Evening Stroll, RSPB Conwy, LL31 9XZ.
- Thursday, June 8th at 2pm: Botanical foray, Newborough Warren. Meet Llyn Rhos Ddu, LL61 6RS.
- Friday, June 9th at 8.30pm: Nightjars and Nightlife, Cors Bodgynydd, Llanrwst. Meet SH 773 588.
- Saturday, June 10th at 11am: Wildlife Walk, RSPB Conwy, LL31 9XZ.
- Sunday, June 11th at 9am-11pm: Bioblitz Fferm Carrog, Cwm Penmachno.
- Sunday, June 11th at 1pm: Open Farm Sunday, RSPB Lake Vyrnwy, SY10 0LZ.
- Tuesday, June 13th at 1pm: Wildlife Wander, RSPB Burton Mere Wetlands, CH64 5S