July 19th marks a very popular day of celebrations: National Daiquiri Day. This is a time when people can raise a glass to the delicious rum-based cocktail, and with the weather arriving right on time to help people all over the world get out to enjoy the day, cocktail in hand. So with this in mind, we thought that we would lend a hand to the cause with this absolutely delicious frozen passionfruit daiquiri recipe for you to have a go at making. Note, you will need a blender to make this daiquiri, although if you want to make it without being frozen, you can swap the blender for a cocktail shaker. SERVES 1 Equipment required
- Glass (as fancy as you like!)
- Passionfruit (2x fresh)
- Passionfruit Liqueur (25ml)
- Rum (preferably white) (50ml)
- Fresh Lime Juice (2x fresh limes)
- Sugar syrup (12.5ml) (not compulsory)
- Brown Sugar (6-8g)
- Ice Cubes (1x handful)
- First things first, cut the limes in half and squeeze all of the juice into the blender.
- Scoop out the flesh of the passionfruit and add in with the fresh lime juice.
- Pour the passionfruit liqueur, rum and sugar syrup (if you have it) in.
- Add a scoop/handful of ice into the blender to join the rest of the ingredients.
- Finally, add in the brown sugar.
- Close the lid of the blender firmly, and leave to blend for around 15-30 seconds. (Blend for longer, if required).
- Pour into glass.
- When blending, you want the daiquiri to have all mixed together nicely.
- The ideal consistency to aim for is to have a drink that you can stand a straw up in.
Daiquiri FactThe Daiquiri was a favourite drink of renowned writer Ernest Hemingway and American President John F. Kennedy. We’d love to see your home-made daiquiris. Why not post pictures in the comments on Facebook and Twitter so we can share them on our holiday park North Wales page?